In 2010 Fredericia Shipyard A/S moved from the Port of Fredericia to the large-scale shipyard facilities, where it still resides. On this occasion the company name was changed to FAYARD A/S.
Fredericia Shipyard was founded by the Andersen family in 1916 and is to this day owned and led by the third generation member of the Andersen family, Thomas Andersen.
In 1980 Fredericia Shipyard acquired the neighbouring Assens Shipyard, which quickly became an integrated part of the company.
In recent years the yard has expanded from a small boat builder’s yard into a large, modern and efficient repair yard with 4 dry docks, superior cranes and plenty of quays and workshops to meet any requirements on maritime vessels, jack-ups and semi-submersibles.